A Calculator for Packets
Ridding the world of uncalculated packets, one engineer at a time.
PacketCalc answers questions like:
- What size payload does a 128 byte ethernet frame carry?
- My work VPN allows only 512 byte packets. How long will it take to upload a 5GB file over IPv4 + TCP (assuming a good connection)?
- Our new data center deployed a 100Gb/s IPv6 fabric with top of rack switch support for VXLAN (IPv6 VTEPs). Our fabric MTU is 9216 bytes, but BULK class of service is throttled to 70%. What's the maximum throughout we can achieve in BULK tagged IPv4 UDP packets sent over this fabric?
- VXLAN, 802.1Q, IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP
- All RFC2544 frame sizes, plus common Jumbo sizes
- Frame Duration
- Percent Throughput, Overhead, Load
- Toggle between L1 and L2 values
- Adjustable IFG, including easy selection of Standard and IEEE MIN (based on media speed)
- Adjustable MTU
- Percent Load adjustments in 1000ths of a percent of line rate
- Media Speed adjustments include all popular ethernet speeds
- Frame Rate in Frames per Second
- Export all internal values to Text, Soulver, and JSON using the standard iOS Share Sheet
- Tap any label in the UI for inline help on that item
- Tap the Headers display to toggle Full Screen Headers view
- Help Tab includes more extensive help
- iOS Dark and Light mode
- iPad Multi-Window
- iPad SplitView and SlideOver
- Honors iOS System Font Size
- Dynamic Font Size adjustment
- Hide values that you rarely use (Tile Show / Hide state is saved across App launches)
- Written entirely in Swift and SwiftUI
- Made with Aloha on the Big Island