SOLARPE performs the preliminary engineering calculations for the planning of a Photovoltaic Plant.
It allows us to perform the following functions:
- Depending on the characteristics of the selected elements (pv modules and inverter) we can know the number of pv modules required, the layout of the pv modules, the number of inverters, the current of the wires ...
- It allows us to know the optimal inclination of the pv modules for a better use of the System.
- We can measure the inclination.
- We can orientate the pv modules according to the optimal orientation.
- We calculate the distance between pv modules to avoid shadows.
- Provides us, connecting with NASA, Solar Insolation data, minimum and maximum temperature at the installation site.1 CALCULATION SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC PLANT
In this section we can enter the coordinates in the place of installation, or we can press the GPS button to take the current coordinates.
SOLARPE connects with the Database of NASA and takes the value of insolation, Maximum and minimum Temperature.SOLARPE will indicate the STRING OPTIMUM, that is, the number of pv modules in series.
It will also tell us:
- The number of pv modules needed.
- The number of inverters.
- The number of pv modules per inverter.
- The number of STRINGS connected to each inverter.
If the inverter has several inputs, a CONNECTION BOX will enter each input.
- SOLARPE will indicate the number of STRINGS connected to each BOX.
- And it will also tell us the number of BOXES connected to each inverter.
And as additional information will indicate us:
- The maximum and minimum temperature of the photovoltaic pv modules.
- The maximum and minimum voltage of the photovoltaic pv modules.
- The current for the wires from the STRINGS to the BOX.
- The current of the wires from the BOXES to the INVERTER.2 INCLINATION OF pv modules. LATITUDE AND LONGITUDE
GPS calculates the geographical coordinates, Latitude and Longitude, of the place of the installation.
Depending on the Latitude, SOLARPE will indicate the inclination for the pv modules.
Through this function we can place the pv modules with the optimal inclination.4 COMPASS AND ORIENTATION OF pv modules
We must orient the pv modules towards the South, in the Northern Hemisphere.
We must orient the pv modules towards the North, in the Southern Hemisphere.
When the orientation is correct, the background of the screen will be green.
5 MAXIMUM SOLAR HEIGHT
In this section we can know the solar height at noon for any day of the year.
To calculate the distance between panels we must consider the most unfavorable day that is the winter solstice (December 21 in the northern hemisphere, or June 21 in the southern hemisphere).
6 DISTANCE BETWEEN pv modules ON HORIZONTAL SURFACE
This section calculates the distance between pv modules for no shadows.7 DISTANCE BETWEEN pv modules ON ROOF