The app is designed to quickly and simply help you do more brisk walking in bursts of ten minutes, known as Active 10s. It tracks all your walking and rewards your progress.
- Breaks your target down into manageable chunks of ten minutes of brisk walking
- Shows you when you've walked at the right speed
- Gives you goals to work towards
- Rewards your progress
- Shows where you can convert normal walking in to Active 10s
- Provides hints and tips
BRISK WALKING BENEFITS YOUR HEALTH
We all know how important it is to be active. The good news is that you don't have to go to the gym or start expensive fitness programmes, walking counts too!
Just ten minutes of brisk walking every day can get your heart pumping and can make you feel more energetic, as well as lowering your risk of serious illnesses like heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Going for a brisk walk is a great way to clear your head.
Active 10s are simple to fit into your day, from taking the dog out to going for a lunchtime walk.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can impact battery life.
- make sure your phone is not using any battery saving mode or the app will not track your movement
This app relies on your phone's inbuilt sensors to measure activity so you may experience varying levels of accuracy especially in older devices/operating systems.
Any questions about the app? Find an answer at: https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/active10/faqs#xQYHQxaKMtCArDuc.97
Minor bug fixes and improvement.