Welcome to Omnitrack, a location sharing application.
Thanks to this application, you can locate your friends and/or family, through a web server (preferably yours!), or by sending emails (1).
- Retrieve the last positions of each user, and navigate to them (requires Google Maps or other navigation software).
- Manage as many users as you want.
- Get your web server and install it on your site (requires PHP), or use the public server.
- Add the email and/or phone number of your users, so you can always know their position, even if the Web server is unavailable.
- Invisible mode: stay discreet when you want (!) but continue to recover the positions of other users (they will not know that you are in Invisible mode ...)
- Disconnected mode: you can do without the web server and use only the mails, but it requires to enter more information for each user.
- More features to come !
For a detailed explanation of how it works, please go to the application website where you can also recover the server : http://omnitrack.free.fr.
(1): We advise you to add a filter to your mail to redirect messages to a dedicated directory, otherwise you will have many notifications !
Explanations on the requested authorizations:
- Device history / read sensitive log data: required for the internal tool that sends crash reports from the application automatically.
- Location / precise location (GPS and network-based): mandatory otherwise the application loses its interest ...
- receive data from the Internet / view network connections / full network access: for access to the Web server and the mails.
- run at startup: allows launching the application when the device is started (activated in the parameters).
- prevent device from sleeping: to prevent background services from being killed by the system when they are launched.
Tags : tracking, navigation