Learn to read, write, and spell the multisensory way. Structured literacy works.
OgStar Reading: Early Reader provides students in grades pre-K through 3 with an enjoyable and comprehensive 35-lesson literacy game, based on the well-respected Orton-Gillingham approach.
- phonological awareness
- systematic/synthetic phonics
- multisensory sound/symbol associations
- audio-visual-tactile reading and writing of sight words
- oral reading of phonetically-controlled words and sentences
- finger tracing and writing of syllables, words, and sentences
- oral reading fluency activities
OgStar takes students on a captivating reading adventure and includes built-in mini-games and rewards to keep them motivated and engaged. OgStar Reading is a patent-pending, technologically-sophisticated app with handwriting recognition feedback, speech recognition feedback, audio-visual synchronization, voiceover correction feedback, and built-in word pronunciation features.
Data collection is available on the app for parents and teachers describing student performance and progress over time. This delightful, multisensory, structured literacy game helps students of all ages to independently develop evidence-based literacy skills, in accordance with the scientific standards recommended by the National Reading Panel indicating the best ways to teach students how to read.