Wallpapers edited via OLEDify help reduce battery usage as it takes advantage of the OLED screens on the new phones. OLEDify converts regular dark wallpapers into Pure Black wallpapers (#000000 - pixel is off). Since the pure black pixels are off, it helps reduce battery use on the newer phones with OLED and AMOLED screens. You get slightly better battery life, and brilliantly inky blacks which looks super crisp!
Wallpapers which contain grey or other dark colors still keep the pixel on which utilizes the battery more as compared to a wallpaper which contains pure black pixels. You can read supporting research of battery usage on OLED screens here:
As per this, pure black wallpapers can reduce 15-20% battery usage.
How to use the app:
1. Open a dark wallpaper by tapping +
2. Set the threshold (T) slider to something higher than 0. Start off with 5 for example.
3. Long press on the image to enable the eyedropper/color picker and pick the dark color.
4. OLEDify will turn all colors darker than the picked color into pure black #000000
5. The Pure Black % at the top tells you how many of the pixels are off. You can tap on it to toggle and see the black pixels.
6. Play around with the Threshold and R, G, B sliders until you achieve a suitable look.
7. Tap Next to Save the image.
8. The Crop & Resize tool can be used to resize & fit wallpapers for your screen. This is useful when you have an image which doesn't perfectly fit your screen as it helps you create a new image of the suitable size.
9. The "Post to Reddit" option posts the wallpaper directly to the /r/AmoledBackgrounds subreddit.
All features are 100% free and no ads in the app. There is a tip jar option but it's not necessary, only if you really really find the app useful and have some spare change, you can buy me a beer with a small tip!
Help spread the word by leaving a review in the app store and tell your friends about it!
If you have any feedback, reach out to: