Research has shown a link between how you see your body and your feeling of pain. Evidence from phantom limb pain and mirror therapy show how illusions can reduce Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis pain.
Nottingham uses your smartphone and its camera to provide the illusion of your hand and fingers either stretching or compressing. This triggers pain-relief pathways in the brain, reducing your feeling of pain and potentially even increasing your range of motion.
Nottingham is a great supplemental therapy for Arthritis management. Try it today for drug-free pain relief with no side-effects!
How to use Nottingham Therapy:
1. Open the Nottingham app and select either Hand or Foot therapy
2. Customize your Stretch or Compress therapy by selecting your desired duration and stretch or compression amount.
3. *Optional: Place your mobile device on the Nottingham stand
4. If you selected Hand therapy, take a photo of the back and palm of your hand.
5. Place your hand or foot under the camera and tap to focus.
6. Relax and focus on your hand or foot as it stretches and compresses
*Nottingham is best used with its stand. The stand allows for hand-free stabilization of your mobile device, allowing you to focus completely on the therapy.
You can purchase the stand in the app by clicking the Options tab on the Main Menu.