In my ten years of teaching I have never come across a publication that was this effective in capturing the attention of the student and making them want to learn and understand more. LB, Philadelphia Public School Teacher
** Teachers' Choice Award **
** An excellent way to incorporate daily current events into your classroom Common Sense Media **
** Best App for Teaching & Learning by AASL **
** Standards Aligned **
** The first bilingual news app for kids! **
** World Young Reader Prize 2015 (Editorial) - World Association of Newspapers (WAN-IFRA) **
Valid from now until the end of the 2019-20 school year (August 30, 2020).
Here is what users say about News-O-Matic:
I think the stories you write are amazing. Its funny because I hate reading but yet Im excited to see what you wrote." Rae, age 8
News-O-Matic has emerged as a state of the art app that will change the way kids interact with broadcast news. Teachers With Apps
News-O-Matic is a nice way to introduce topical events and world news in the classroom. Education World
I feel the need to use resources that are timely. But it is difficult to find articles that contain a) content appropriate for intermediate students or b) written at an appropriate comprehension level. News-O-Matic surprised me with both. The iPod Teacher
Whether your students enjoy reading about sports, science, world news, or wacky events, News-O-Matic delivers whats making the news! Our mission is to make learning more engaging, active, and personal.
This nonfiction reading comprehension app publishes five news stories each weekday! The stories range in length and difficulty to create opportunities for differentiated instruction. Readers learn what happened on this date in history through an educational game and write or draw to Editor-in-Chief Russ in the News Room. Each edition gives you access to a Teachers Guide.
Each daily edition features:
* Five dynamic news articles
* Rich and detailed images, videos, and illustrations
* Informative maps relating the user to the location of every story
* News Room for drawing or asking questions about the news
* An interactive history-based timeline
* Puzzles, games, fun facts, and many other elements for discovery
* Audio support for challenging vocabulary and full stories read aloud
* Multiple Lexile reading levels
* Custom assessment questions
* Multilingual articles (English, Spanish, French & Arabic)
* Multilingual Read to Me (English, Spanish, French & Arabic)
* Save or print articles
* Highlight text
* Access to 10 past editions
News-O-Matic is 100% ad-free.
Written by experienced journalists and educators, News-O-Matic is used in schools around the world! All articles are reviewed by a child psychologist before publication to ensure emotionally safe content.