NetKids - is a service helping parents monitor their children's online activity.
- blocks access to inappropriate or dangerous websites
Inappropriate sites include:
- sites with sexual content (videos, photos, sex forums, etc.)
- sites with aggressive or extremist content
- sites calling for violence
- sites promoting drugs, alcohol, excessive weight loss, experiments with health, etc.
- sites containing viruses or spreading viruses
- fraudulent sites (requiring sending SMS, collecting data on credit cards, fake online stores...).
- generates reports on internet use
- if "block dangerous sites" option is on and a child attempts to enter an inappropriate site, the attempt
will be displayed in the report
- browsing history reports contain information on site addresses, web pages browsed and time of visits.
- monitors activities in social networks and controls upload of photos and personal information
The main threats faced by children and worth paying attention to are as follows:
- communication with unfamiliar people - children are often frank with strangers
- discussing sex-related topics
- explicit and aggressive messages sent to your child - what if someone threatens him?
- discussing suicides, smoking, alcohol and drug use
- provides reports on search queries
children's search queries may help understand their interests and surfing purposes. Instead of
encyclopedia pages, children's natural curiosity may lead them to sites promoting unhealthy lifestyle, etc.
- monitors e-mails and blog posts
blog posts may not only help reveal your child's emotional problems, but also help better understand him.
What's new in version 1.1.1
ReleaseJuly 16, 2013
Date AddedJuly 16, 2013
Operating SystemsWindows 8, Windows Vista, Windows, Windows 7, Windows XP