The muscles and joints in your neck control the nodding and rotation movements of your head and let you bend and twist your neck. Holding your head in an awkward position for any length of time can cause muscle tension and compress your neck vertebrae, which may have an indirect effect throughout your back and spine, causing pain and discomfort.
The shoulder exercises in this app works on several muscles of the upper body and offers a host of benefits that improve daily functioning. This exercise can be performed without use of gym equipment or a machine. To execute, just follow the instructions in the app and you are good to go..
With regular practice, the simple exercises shown in this app will help you to maintain neck strength and mobility. If you have any existing problems, the exercises may also help you to regain loss of motion in the neck and shoulder and control pain.
**** Please consult your physician or medical doctor before using any routine or exercise ****
- Many customizable stretching exercises.
- More routines.
- Fully customizable routines.
- Create custom workouts.
- Clear pictorial information.
- Written exercise instructions.
- Fully customized exercise player.
- On-screen instructions and timer.
- Routine reminders (if you want them, of course !)
- Progress tracking.
- Backup/Restore Routines.
- Custom icons for Routines.
- One review suggests that there are many beneficial stretches that can improve range of motion in athletes, especially runners.
- If done properly, stretching can prevent injury, relax the muscles, increase range of motion and flexibility, and better one's performance.
- Stretching is more beneficial to those who stretch regularly, as opposed to those people who stretch occasionally.
- Stretching increases blood flow which prevents hardening of the arteries and it also produces synovial fluid, which lubricates the joints that are surrounded by the muscles; which in turn helps prevent arthritis.
- Stretching stabilizes the body's natural balance and posture, and aligns the joints leading to better coordination. After any physical activity, there is a buildup of lactic acid in one's body and by stretching the lactic acid is removed, therefore alleviating any muscle pain or cramps.