What does NOP application do?
Allow you to see your location on a "picture of a map", track your route and record it for future use.
Why should I want to use a "picture of a map"?
Regular digital maps, as used by GPS application ("Google maps", "Waze" etc.) ussualy does not include all the information one might look for. For instance, a brochure of a park, which has the park map on it (National park, Ski site, Amusement park) holds the internal information of the park, like: Site trails, Shops, Restrooms etc. This is also true for:
* Public sign that contains a map at a trailhead.
* Naval map of a lake.
* A map of your area that was added some marks in hand writing and then scanned.
* Outdoor fair or exhibit which has a printed map.
* Satellite image or an aerial photograph of the area you want to travel in.
(Or and any combination of the above use cases)
Is the location shown by the application accurate?
That is mainly depends on you, since this only about mathematical calculations:
* How accurate is your map? Some maps are not in real scale in all areas.
* How accurate is each of your orientation point? Did you identify correctly your location on the map before marking it as orientation point? Try to zoom in your map to improve accuracy when marking.
* Some GPS devices takes around a minute to calibrate before fixes are accurate so try to mark your orientation point only a minute after opening the application.
How do I measure the distance to my destination on the map?
When the picture of map is oriented, where ever you touch on the picture, will show the distance from your current location in miles/kilometers.
Can I save the picture, to be used as a map?
If you save your picture, it will also store all the orientation and interest point inside the picture. It will be stored in a folder called "NOP" in your device. The map can then be loaded to the application in a different time and be used immediately without orientation.
Can I see the route I walked on and save it?
Yes. The tracked rout can be embedded inside the picture, and then be used as navigational map with the embedded rout, for someone else.
Recent changes:Map is now being centered according to the current location. Mainly to ease the use of the app when riding a bike.Content rating: Low Maturity