The NETGEAR genie app is an easy way to manage, monitor, and repair your home network--from the palm of your hand. While on your home network, the NETGEAR genie app allows you to access all the cool features on your router with your mobile device. You can access the following router settings using the NETGEAR genie app: wireless settings, network map, Parental Controls, guest access, traffic metering, MyMedia, and more. All you need is your tablet or smartphone and the NETGEAR genie app.
- Easily control your home network through the genie dashboard
- Stream music and video files anywhere in your network from your smartphone or tablet
- Securely connect smart phones and tablets to your home wireless network with a QR code thanks to EZ Mobile Connect
- Get analytics about your WiFi home network using the WiFi Analytics feature
The NETGEAR genie app does not work if your mobile device is connected to the router's guest network.
The NETGEAR genie only works when your mobile device is connected to a NETGEAR router that is in router mode, not in access point mode.
The NETGEAR genie app does not work with a wireless extender or repeater.
The NETGEAR genie app currently does not support IPv6. If IPV6 is enabled, loging in to the router using the genie app will fail.
If you are experiencing issues, contact email@example.com.
Android versions that support the genie app: Android 4.2 or higher
Refer to below link for supported router list:
For more information about MyMedia, visit https://www.netgear.com/support/product/MyMedia.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic#docs
1. Complies with the GDPR
2. Fixes bugs to support tri-band routers
3. Fixes the issue where the WiFi password security method changes from WPA2 to WPA/WPA2
4. Fixes the issue where the WiFi network name and password do not display correctly
5. Allows the user to set a timer to turn off the guest network after a period of time