NCLEX is a nationwide examination for the licensing of nurses in the United States and Canada since 1982 and 2015, respectively. The NCLEX-RN exam is organized according to the Client Needs framework. There are four major categories and eight subcategories: Management of Care, Safety and Infection Control, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Psychosocial Integrity, Basic Care and Comfort, Pharmacological and Parenteral Therapies, Reduction of Risk Potential and Physiological Adaptation.
The NCLEX is designed to test knowledge, skills and abilities essential to the safe and effective practice of nursing at the entry level. The NCLEX-RN is a variable length, computerized, adaptive test. The NCLEX is not offered in paper-and-pencil or oral examination formats. The NCLEX-RN examination can be anywhere from 75 to 265 items. Of these items, 15 are pretest items that are not scored. Regardless of the number of items administered, the time limit for this examination is six hours.
The NCLEX-RN exam is pass/fail, which means there is no numerical score. The test will continue until it has 95% confidence that you are able to answer 50% of questions correctly. This means that you need to answer the medium difficulty questions correctly at least 50% of the time to pass.
This app also contains over 2,500 practice questions you will be asked in the actual exam.
- 2,500+ Real Exam Questions
- 55 Practice Tests, including section-specific practice tests
- 6 Full-Length Exams
- Get immediate feedback for correct or incorrect answers
- Full and Detailed Explanations - learn as you practice
- Dark Mode - allows you to study anywhere, anytime
- Progress Metrics - you can keep track of your results and score trends
- Track Past Test Results - Individual tests will be listed with pass or fail and your mark
- Review Errors - Review all your mistakes so you don't repeat them in the real test
- You can track how many questions you have done correctly, incorrectly, and get a final passing or failing score based on official passing grades
- Take a practice test and see if you can score well enough to pass the actual test
- Helpful hints and tips let you know how you can improve your score
- Send questions feedback directly from the app