From Programmatic Magic:
UPDATE: Montage Lite has been updated along with Montage! Take advantage of full copy/paste support and numerous performance improvements in this new version! Also, please check out the improved paid application, now with clipart support and editable saves.
Montage is a revolutionary way to create art on your mobile device. No more boring wallpapers, no more postcards created from some impersonal template. You can combine an unlimited number of images even with the Lite version!
Montage is simply the best way to create a montage (collage, composition, still-life, masterpiece) on your iPhone, and with the new Lite version you can try it risk-free. It is so amazing you might not even need the full version. Wait. Forget about that last one.
- Remix images into beautiful montages
- Take advantage of the multi-touch screen, and experience the true freedom of creation
- Switch between added images, rearrange your montage
- Make your photos black&white or sepia
- Mix 16M+ colors with our RGB color mixer
- Change the background color of your montage anytime
- Set your images' transparency
- Use it to create wallpapers, postcards, or send your creations to the local museum. They will appreciate it.
Consider purchasing the full version if you need any of these features:
- Cut out shapes from your photos
- Add text, with formatting and more
- Add colorful frames to your photos, which follow the shape you have cut out
- Access to the Open Clipart Library
- Save editable montages, and insert them into your work later
- Auto-save, so your can continue your work anytime
- More and higher resolutions
- E-mail your art
How to use it?
Add new photos with the + button. Once you have added something to your montage, you can manipulate it using multi-touch. You can switch between elements with the arrows. Switching temporarily hides other layers, so you always see what you select. Switching does not affect the order of images, but there is a button to bring the current selection to front. Further information can be found in the built-in Help.
Tips & Tricks
- If you own an iPod Touch, you can still create montages! All you have to do is that you either sync your images to your device or use Safari to download them. In Safari, you have to tap and hold to save an image.
- Even if you own an iPhone, downloading images from the internet can spice up your pictures. Try image and photo sharing websites, like flickr or deviantArt.
- To do precise rotations, there is a button in the bottom bar that lets you adjust the current rotation to 0, 45 and 90 degrees.
- For even more precision, the application was designed in a way that does not require you to touch the picture itself - you can touch anywhere on the screen, and the transformations will still work. This way your fingers won't hide the image.
The term montage refers most commonly to compositions made from photographs, while the term collage is a broader category, which includes pieces of art made using photos, traditional artwork, sounds and other techniques. Both words are of French origin.
You can find them on the website, along with downloadable copies of the derivative works.
If you find a bug, please contact me (email@example.com), and I will fix it as soon as possible. Bug reports posted as reviews are hard to reproduce. (Of course feel free to post one, just contact me after you did, this way I can fix the bug much more quickly)