Misadventure In Little Lon challenges you to investigate a true crime mystery from Melbournes notorious red-light district in 1910. This immersive, augmented reality game propels you on an exhilarating adventure through the streets of Melbourne past.
With it's intriguing true crime narrative, the game can be played anywhere in the world. If you are in Melbourne you'll explore heritage sites where the spine tingling events went down. Collecting clues and questioning the delightful deviants who lived in the laneways of Little Lon.
Historically accurate, Misadventure In Little Lon investigates a series of clashes that landed Ernest Gunter in hospital and led to his eventual demise.
Furious friends and family struggle to gain justice for Gunter, convinced he was hit in an unprovoked attack; while associates of Bourke Street Rat, John Evans, claim Gunter attacked Evans with murderous intent. A stolen kiss, money owed to the mob, a hired hitman. Are they telling truth or lies? You decide!
Free trial of first two scenes. Unlock full version (12 scenes) with in-app purchase.
* Based on an intriguing true crime from Melbourne in 1910.
* If in Melbourne you'll explore heritage sites where the actual events went down - approx 3km walk or 1.5 - 2 hours play time.
* Off site version can be played from anywhere, anytime - no walking required, approx 1 hour play time.
* Collect clues and question the delightful deviants who once lived in Little Lon.
* Find real newspaper articles and historical artefacts from the Little Lon archaeological dig hidden throughout the game.
* Fascinating narrative story featuring historically accurate complex and colourful characters and a rare insight into what life was like for the people of Little Lon in 1910.
* Sound designed by the amazing Sianna Lee - best played with headphones.
* Original and innovative concept - this is the first time AR and true crime have been combined into a captivating, gaming experience.
* Device must be compatible with Google ARCore which requires an ARKit compatible device running iOS 11.0 or later.
* Compatibility may change at any time.
* Location/GPS must be switched on for on-site version (if played in Melbourne).
* Camera permissions must be given to enable AR functionality.
* For on-site version (played in Melbourne) compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.