Matrix Game is an app developed for and by children with the help of parents, teachers and psychologists.
Young children find these games interesting and fun to do, but other than that these games are fun, they also have an important educational value.
This game is designed to develop the ability to group and classify, which is an essential element in the intelligence growth.
There are several reasons for this. If we recognize similarities and differences between objects or events and classify them mentally to the features that they may or may not share, we build from past experiences mental frameworks that help us understand new experiences. Without these frameworks or concepts we'd all have to learn about every new thing that we encounter.
Learning to group and classify is so closely linked to the formation of concepts, allowing us the objects and events in mind, we are confronted with, organize. These concepts enable us many new impressions and experiences that connect occur in our daily life together.
If a child learns first to classify must recognize and identify objects, observe specific features or characteristics and act according to the information it finds.
Attributes may include:. Color, shape, size, etc., and the operation could include: objects in groups to share with one or more of these characteristics as a yardstick.
In order to carry out the grouping needs to keep the child in mind what criterion is chosen and apply the measure consistently to all the objects, which have to be grouped together. The child must develop the ability to do so, a feature that is common to different objects, to abstract and to apply it as a standard for grouping other objects.
If the child can once classify objects according to a certain standard, it is a significant advance as it can classify the same objects in different ways:
First to? one and later two properties simultaneously.
While the children play doing this, many skills developed at them from paying attention, follow instructions, concentrate and remember to skills as determining own goal, anticipating results and independently resolve their own problems.
In general terms, the aim of this game to develop the mental faculties which we have just discussed.
More precisely, we can distinguish the following objectives:
1. The development of skills, necessary for the placement of objects in a two-dimensional space, by watching where the rows and columns intersect each other.
2. The development of the ability to distinguish between objects in accordance with characteristics such as color, shape, size, material, etc.
3. The development of the ability to recognize these characteristics and properties, which may be of the objects that possess these abstracted.
4. The development of the ability to identify a feature, which possess all the objects, which are arranged in a row or in a column.
5. Developing skills in memorizing two properties while searching for an object, which owns both properties.
6. The development of the ability to view an object as one that belongs to two groups simultaneously.
7. The development of the ability to sub-groups to compile groups and vice versa groups to be divided into sub-groups.
8. The development of the ability to consider one and the same object as one that relates to more than one group.
9. The urging of the ability to find different ways to solve the same problem.
10. The development of the ability to use the right words to describe the concepts and features.
First 2 puzzles playable others can be bought.