Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a form of real-time Internet text messaging (chat) or synchronous conferencing. It is mainly designed for group communication in discussion forums, called channels, but also allows one-to-one communication via private messages.
Mango IRC is a completely redesigned chat client for your Mac OS X and with Mango IRC and Mango IRC HD also a great companion for your iPhone or iPad. You can keep in touch with your friends, developers or get support anywhere on the go.
* You can connect to multiple servers at a time * You can connect to secure SSL servers * You can join multiple channels at a time * Private one-to-one chats * Nickname and IRC command completion for faster typing * Notifications showing you who joined or left the channel * Notifications when you receive private message or somebody mentions you in different channel * Messages are highlighted if somebody mentions you * Tab based interface for each channel with notification badges so you won't miss anything important * Visual user information (WHOIS) * Nickname coloring so you're better oriented in public chats * Console for important information received from IRC servers * User list for each channel * Network search for available channels * URL hilighting with support for clipboard copying or opening in a web browser
* Fixed a problem with rejoining channel
* Now using Lion styled scrollbars
* Better handling network disconnects
* Added support for CTCP commands and replies
* Added support for IRC bouncers (for example ZNC)
* Various minor bug fixes