The Mammography Assistant App is based on the BI-RADS Atlas 5th edition by the American College of Radiology and multiple studies done on breast cancer categorization over the years.
- Select the relevant mammogram descriptors and their sub-types. Press submit to get final BI-RADS category based on a comprehensive algorithm.
- View sample images and detailed description of each descriptor.
- Get Likelihood of cancer and the recommended management for each result.
- Learn about the various categories in a user friendly and intuitive manner. Get access to Detailed description, Likelihood of malignancy, Management and When to Use scenarios for each category.
- Browse sample Cases in each category.
- Practice by taking a quiz with an exhaustive bank of cases.
The Mammography Assistant App offers a literature-based tool to help radiologists improve their diagnosis and reporting in the field of mammography. The intention of the app has been to collate and implement the results of BI-RADS Atlas and the various studies in an optimized way. Our goal is to provide medical education and knowledge to a worldwide audience.
The content of the app including the terminologies, definitions, measurements and categories follow the guidelines laid down by the ACR BI-RADS 5th edition. The various combinations of mammogram descriptors leading to final categories, however, are inclusive of but not limited to those suggested by the Atlas. An effort has been made to review and compile the results of various peer reviewed studies done on breast cancer categorization, to give a more comprehensive and robust diagnostic algorithm.
The App is in no way intended to replace or supersede the expert opinion of a radiologist and should only be used as an educational tool.
We constantly strive to keep the app and its contents up to date with the latest studies and updates in the field of mammography.
App store screenshots were created using http://previewed.app
The Mammography Assistant App is an initiative of Dr. Akash Tomer for practicing radiologists and radiology students. You can connect with Dr. Akash Tomer over email@example.com.