"My recommendation is that if you like Risk style boardgames you should by this now; heck, if you generally like boardgames or similar just buy it anyway - you won't regret it." (The Wargamer)
"I really like the game and this will be one that I keep on the iPad. It takes a very different approach, which is very refreshing." (appreviewcentral)
"...it's a better game than Risk" (Digitally Downloaded)
Magnifico is a popular region-based board game where the ultimate goal is to dominate 16th century Europe. Now you can play it on your tablet!
Players are faced with tough economic and military decisions as they earn Victory Points and attempt to outbid opponents at the auction and get their hands on Leonardo Da Vinci's most powerful war machines. Every Victory Point has to be earned by careful placement of your troops, construction of fortifications, and invasion of bordering regions. Each new turn brings a chance to acquire Da Vinci's precious projects and get the upper hand over your opponents.
Cannons, flying machines, bombards, tanks and many more inventions will be available as options at the auction table, but only with a perfect balance of risk and caution will players make the most of them.
- The only strategy game with Da Vinci's inventions and works of art! Build Castles, Tanks, Aircraft and much more!
- Bid at the auction for Da Vinci's inventions.
- Upgrade your infantry, tanks and aircraft with new technologies to increase reliability and combat power.
- Fight battles with wondrous technologies but be careful as tanks can explode!
- Many special weapons including the Great Cannon, Submarines, Armoured Ships, Paratroopers and more!
- Compete for control of 16th century Europe on a region based map.
- Earn Victory points for most castles, territories, technologies, being Magnifico and other special actions.
- Single player mode against up to 3 AI players, selected from 10 AI characters with their own play styles.
- In depth in-game tutorial and detailed manual.
- Available in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian and Chinese!
- Based on the popular board game "Da Vinci's Art of War - Magnifico" created by Spartaco Alberatrelli