MO 4Media is a remote control for JRiver Media Center (MC) software running on a computer (we have no affiliation with JRiver, Inc.). It also can play back media from the MC library locally to the device and cast to Chromecast devices.
A running copy of JRiver Media Center on a networked computer is required. You must enable "Media Network" in MC for you to be able to connect and access your media. See https://www.jriver.com to install and get more information.
- Control MC playback over wifi with your device
- Control separate zones and link/unlink playback between zones
- Play audio/music files to your device with optional volume leveling/replay gain adjustment during playback and optional file conversion
- Play video files to your device with optional file conversion
- View images on your device with optional file conversion
- Run macros (list of network commands) when zones are selected or unselected. These can be MCC (control MC) or TCP (control networked A/V equipment).
- On-screen volume buttons can control MC or networked A/V equipment volumes
- Create playlists and add files to playlists
- Theater View remote control
- Download files with offline playback
- Seeking during playback
- Custom UI colors
- Option for Video playback in external player
The free version has the following limitations which can be removed with an annual subscription (see below):
- Can only play first 3 files in Playing Now
- Can test but not save zone macro and volume commands
- Downloading of files is disabled
- Only 30 seconds of video playback
- External video playback is disabled
- Casting is disabled
MO 4Media Subscription Information:
- Subscription is $6.99 per year which removes all the limitations of the free version
- There is a one-time 7-day free trial after which the account will be charged $6.99 for the year unless auto-renew is turned off
- Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period (including the 7-day trial)
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Account will be charged $6.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- To customize the library items that you can browse edit the MC options: "Tools | Options | Media Network | Advanced | Custom views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel..."
- Cover art is intentionally missing from screenshots but will display properly in the app with your library