Why we should trust Lockdown Mail :
Source code : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BDZ5MM6
Now, you can send your encrypted mail using Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger or Telegram or any other communication application in addition to Mail clients Like gmail, yahoo,hotmail,..
- Both, sender and mail receiver needs to have Lockdown mail installed on their phones to be able to encrypt and decrypt shared E-mail.
- Lockdown mail allows you to encrypt an E-mail (Message body or/and attachment) before sending it, you can use any "E-mail client" installed on your android phone to send your encrypted E-mail.
- Lockdown mail encrypted files uses ".lef" format for "Lockdownmail Encrypted File".
- Click on any received ".lef" file, and it will be opened and decrypted automatically by Lockdown mail.
- Lockdown mail use RSA public key 4096- bits for key exchange
- Lockdown mail use AES 256- bits for encryption.
- For Android API 28 or higher, setUnlockedDeviceRequired and setIsStrongBoxBacked if available on your device are enabled.
- Lockdown mail use android key store system for storing private key.
- For more information please visit :
You should know :
- Always remember that your private key is linked to your phone, and not to your E-mail address.
- Lockdown mail is not an "E-mail client", you will not send or receive E-mail from it, lockdown mail helps you to prepare an encrypted E-mail regardless of the used E-mail client.
- If you lose your phone or you uninstall Lockdown mail, you will not be able to decrypt your old received E-mails, because you will lose your private key, please decrypt your files and keep them in a safe place before uninstalling Lockdown mail.
For that, you will use this application at your own risk.
Maximum file attachment size is 20 Mo.
You can add only one attachment per E-mail.
- Lockdown mail does not collect, share, send any personal data.
- Lockdown mail does not collect, share, send the used private key or any other needed information for encryption or decryption.
- Lockdown mail does not need access to internet for encryption or decryption.
- Lockdown mail does not require any special permission, it will ask only for storage access when you want to send an attachment.
Q) Using lockdown mail instead of PGP :
A) No, if you want to decrypt your emails on many platforms(windows, android, ios..), or you want to keep your emails by keeping private key, we recommend that you use PGP instead of lockdown mail.
Lockdown mail works only on android devices (For now).
So, if is the case, why using lockdown Mail:
Lockdown mail allows you to?
- Protect your private key.
- Using fast algorithms.
- Make smaller encrypted data size. ( Encrypting with lockdown mail makes files smaller than PGP files).
-Make easy sharing and decrypting "encrypted files" than PGP, using any communication or email application like gmail, whatsapp, telegram,...
- Make easy sharing public key.
This is the first application release, Let us know if you have any questions or comments.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org