LightTable is an image cataloging tool that offers you a unique approach to visual storytelling. Image layout is done on a virtual canvas. You move items around just like prints on a table top. Images can be resized, repositioned, layered or aligned. Visual effects can be added allowing you to discover new perspectives created by the visual contrast created between images.
LightTable 2.1.1 includes the following key features:
* LightTable includes more than thirty GPU-accelerated effects, such as edge burning, X-rays, motion blurring and vintage photo processing. Image Effects may be applied to any item on the Canvas. Also, the new Lift and Stamp functions let you copy effects settings between canvas items.
* New Zoom Controls make it easy to see the canvas at different levels of detail along with a summary of canvas size and magnification. Also, new Canvas Settings lets you control image sizing when placing items on the canvas. Additionally, Full Screen mode now lets you maximize the canvas area for an optimal work space.
Canvas Item Automation:
* LightTable now includes a Replicate Canvas Item function, which automates the process of building a matrix of images from a single item source. Each image can then be adjusted making visual inspections and comparisons much easier to accomplish.
Improved Layout Tools:
* Along with the new Auto Arrange feature, which does an automated layout of canvas items, images may be moved, resized and stretched; aligned relative to other images or the canvas itself; or stacked and re-stacked like photographs on a desktop.
* LightTable creates an image of the current Canvas and lets users share that image via e-mail, using popular internet services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.) or with local applications like iPhoto or Aperture.
* LightTable dynamically creates a slide show from the Tray images in your project. Slide shows display full screen and can be navigated manually or as a timed (automatic) show.
Improved Export Tools:
* Exporting your canvas as a single image now produces a consistent image result across all export, sharing and print operations. User may now add a background color when exporting images.