LAConvolver is an Audio Units plug-in for convolving the audio stream with an impulse response stored in an audio file. LAConvolver is free but donations will certainly encourage further development.
- Support for 1 to 128 audio channels, all with independent impulse responses
- Most audio file formats supported for the impulse responses
- Automatic sample rate conversion of impulse responses if needed
- Low latency, determined by number of frames per slice
- Sensing of silence in impulse responses gives low CPU load for delay effects
- Universal but not optimized for Intel
- No support for raw PCM files
The CPU-load is dependent on the number of frames per slice, larger slices give lower CPU-load. On an iBook G4 800 MHz with a sample rate of 44,100 Hz and 4,096 frames per slice the CPU-load is about 3% per second of impulse response.