This app is one of a series created in an innovative programme set up by Te Whnau o Waipareira Trust a social services provider in Auckland, New Zealand. The Trust has developed a programme that enables groups of young Mori to be trained in the latest digital publishing technology and set up to build their own interactive apps.
Interested in technology? Want to learn how to make a mobile app? Keen to become a published author? Keen to try all this in the real world?
Groups of rangatahi Mori in West Auckland New Zealand answered this call in April 2018.
They worked in a small team, alongside hi-tech company Kiwa Digital, to develop and create their own app.
The team became,
* the Creative Directors who design and plan the app
* the Story Writers who tell their story, in their own voice
* the Design Experts who direct illustration, animation and music
* the Audio Engineers who record the voices,
* the Production Managers who build the app, and
* the Marketing Managers who promote the app.
Check out their video to meet the teams.
The initiative is part of a programme for youth developed by Te Whnau o Waipareira Trust. The Trust has provided services for over 25 years to the wider West Auckland community in New Zealand bringing together health, social, justice and education services. It is now leading successful generational change for urban Mori whnau (families).
- Read-to-me and read-it-myself options
- Record your narration
- Animation and sound effects
- A child-friendly user interface
- Background music that can be turned on and off
This digital book contains text and audio in the following languages English, Te Reo Mori
Contact us: email@example.com
KIWA is the worlds leading production house for experiential digital books. We partner with publishers and other content owners, using our patented technology to bring content to life in revolutionary new digital formats that deepen your childs engagement and understanding.
Check out our website: www.kiwadigital.com
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KiwaDigital