The Jesus Words Meditation app contains guided audio-meditations. The meditations consist of three parts: First you are guided into silence through breathing and body awareness. Find a place of inner silence and prepare yourself to listen. Words of Jesus are in the center of each meditation. The silence between the sentences allow you to ponder over the words. Listen with your heart. Find peace and guidance. At the end of each meditation there is time to reflect on your personal experience.
- Select a meditation from different categories
- Adjust the duration of the meditation to your needs (10 to 30 minutes)
- Choose an ambient sound to support relaxation
- Select if you meditate alone or as a group
- Give your favorite meditations a heart
- Take notes after the meditation
- Share your thoughts with others if you like
- Chose a language in the app: English or German
Meditation is a common practice to slow down and to connect with ourselves. Many people don't know that meditation has a long Christian tradition. The so called desert fathers were men and women who left the cities to find God in the silence of the desert. Monks had their own meditation tradition as well. When we read in the Bible we discover that God himself calls us to meditate on his words. It's not so much about cognitive understanding but more about understanding with the heart and the whole being.
At Jesus Words Meditation we focus on the teachings of Jesus because we believe that they have power to change our lives and to give us a new perspective. There is so much to explore about Jesus and about this very special relationship to God as a father.
The verses we use in the meditations are from the World English Bible. This is a public domain translation.