The "Networking Add-On" installs on top of JDisc Discovery. The add-on seamlessly integrates into JDisc Discovery and enhances its functionality by a network topology detection component. The networking add-on detects the network topology and finds out which devices are connected to what switch ports. Interactive graphical network maps visualize the network topology. Additionally, the add-on collects configuration files from the most popular routers and switches. A change history illustrates what has changed in the configuration over time. Isolating configuration problems was never that easy! An enhanced router and switch discovery which detects the installed modules completes the add-on.
* Detect the layer 2 and layer 3 topology.
* Create interactive network maps.
* Find out what is connected to which switch port.
* Supports Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) and Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP).
* Reports for available and used switch ports.
A configuration backup for Cisco and HP ProCurve devices helps to restore the configuration in case of a hardware failure.
* Configuration Backup for Cisco IOS, PIX OS, and Cisco ASA devices.
* Configuration Backup for HP ProCurve devices.
* Tracks changes for configuration files.
* Additional collections can be easily added (e.g. "show interfaces" for Cisco IOS routers).