Welcome to Invisible Cities. Create augmented reality monuments in your community that tell a story and reflect your life. Use blocks, spray paint, user textures, and more to tell your story! Monuments will exist even after you turn off the app. Your neighbors and friends will be able to walk on by and see your AR with the Invisible Cities app. If they want, they can build their own AR statue that connects to yours! They can even like and share it over their favorite social network.
Explore your Invisible City on the street, on a table, or as a classic map. Each option presents a new way to engage and discover AR Art.
You must have at least an iPhone6s to run this app.
Made for Georgia Tech by Georgia Tech. Coming to your campus soon!
- Augmented Reality block-building application. Create statues and monuments of hundreds of blocks.
- Add custom textures from your Photo Library or Camera.
- Use the paintbrush or spray paint tool to create AR graffiti
- World-scale AR with augmented reality statues that persist on location over time.
- Like, dislike, and share other statues in your community
- Collaborate on existing statues to create expansive AR statue gardens
This mobile app was created with a grant from the Georgia Tech Office of the Arts. It was constructed in the Augmented Environments Lab at the Georgia Institute of Technology by a team of student researchers in the VIP program.