InterType is a set of software components allowing Palm powered devices based on Palm OS 5.x (a.k.a. Palm OS Garnet) to display and accept additional alphabets and languages. Only American and Pan-European versions of Palm OS 5.x are supported, due to core differences with the Japanese and Chinese builds of the OS.
Further, not all languages can be added via InterType: the same limitation that had caused the device manufacturer to make separate American and Far East releases is actually preventing from adding Far East languages to a western device (see below).
Note: Due to the application specifics there is no trial download available for the product. Please make sure to read all product features and limitations before placing an order. InterType Greek Localization Kit
Localization is pretty much essential for anyone whose native language is not among the ones built in the original device configuration. Even if you know English or German or Spanish well enough, if you are a native Greek speaker, you would likely be receiving emails in Greek, reading Greek websites and having contacts in Greek. Therefore, you would likely need to have Greek localization for Palm, not just an application-by-application solution.
Without attempting to completely turn the device to Greek, InterType addresses the very need to be able to read and write other languages in every application.
An excellent Greek localization for Palm, InterType is one of the very few applications ever to bring Greek language to Palm devices. Features
Supported languages and code pages
- Enhances Palm OS with more languages than available in the stock configuration
- Provides appropriate system fonts for the supported languages (standard, high resolution and Sony CLIE small fonts)
- Provides variety of language-specific alternate keyboards
- Provides proper sorting for the selecting language in applications
- Comes with PalmType, a version of the localization kit for devices running older Palm OS versions (Note that PalmType does not support Turkish and Greek Localizations!)
- Cyrillic (CP Windows Cyrillic 1251: Belorussian, Bulgarian, Macedonian, Russian, Serbian, Ukrainian)
- Greek (CP 1253: Greek)
- Turkish (CP Latin 5: Turkish)