The Insulin Converter is a tool helping the conversion to and from different types of insulin or insulin regimens.
In this free abridged version, only 5 of the most frequently used conversions are included, so as to show the capabilities of the full version, while remaining helpful at the same time. The full paid version is available here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_cezar_onu.InsulinConverter
The app provides an insulin index with the most common trademark names and their international denominations. It is completely portable, so as to be used offline in areas where an internet connection is not available. It is also ad-free.
How it works:
1. Choose the insulin type you want to convert.
2. Type the total daily dose of insulin, expressed in units of insulin (UI). If there are multiple doses (injections) of insulin per day (prandial, basal or premixed), the total daily dose is the sum of all doses of insulin over a period of 24 hours.
3. Choose the insulin type you want to convert into.
4. Press the Convert Insulin button.
5. The resulting value is the total daily dose of the chosen insulin (expressed as well in units of insulin). In case of premixed insulins and insulin regimens, the app will show additional information regarding the dosage. If the conversion is not possible, the app will show an alert.
The results provided by this app do not replace medical expertise, judgment or advice, and the adjustment to the clinical context is required. Therefore this app does not replace a visit to the doctor.
All rights reserved. The app and its content are protected by copyright.
Shop your favorite products and we’ll find the best deal with a single click. Designed to make shopping easier.