Ages 3-6. This is our most popular app of all time, used by school systems (preschool & first grade) in the United States, Australia, and many others around the world. It is the highest quality app in the store that you'll find to teach and practice the concept of numbers from 1 to 100. Now we've added activities to practice counting from 101 - 200, and a special activity to count from 1 all the way up to 1000! We first developed it in 2009 and we promise to continue to update it with new features. Thanks for your support of our famous, Hundred Board!
The basic task of the Hundred Board is to transfer the scrambled number tiles on the right hand side onto the blue board in the correct order. You'll be amazed at the engagement time of this app. Children will spend hours working with it to complete an activity.
1-100 & 101-200 Activities:
- Simplified counting, with or without control numbers
- Standard counting, using the "touch only" or "drag & place" method
- Assemble the Hundred Board in random order
- Assemble the Hundred Board by even or odd numbers
- Count from 1-1000 with control numbers
- Count from 1-1000 without control numbers
- Touch Only Method: when you touch the correct number the number tile moves onto the board automatically.
- Drag And Place Method - use your finger to drag a number tile onto the board. If the number is correct, it will snap into position.
- Control Numbers: These are numbers shown on the board itself to help children know which number to search for next.
- Simplified Counting: In these activities you will see the next 10 numbers in sequence highlighted among the scrambled numbers. This makes the search a little easier because you are only searching among 10 numbers.
- Every number can be heard aloud when it is placed into position, reinforcing the name of each number for the child.
- At the bottom of the screen there is either a score or a timer for parents and teachers to evaluate a child's progress.
Schools worldwide have incorporated our apps into their classrooms. See it used in a Montessori school in Germany here: http://youtu.be/U7GWhcEblbI
The Hundred Board is now promoted by the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership as an effective app for learning number sequencing techniques.
"This looks very simple, but, you'd be surprised how engrossing the children find this lesson to be. I've watched our five year old daughter spend over an hour working with it, trying to get to a hundred!"
"Our son (6) started first grade and is ecstatic to be the only kid to write all the numbers from 1-100! Your app is fun to him!"
This activity is a time-tested, teaching tool used in the Montessori classroom that children enjoy doing. The app was co-developed and approved by an AMI certified Montessori teacher with over forty years experience. Use this app as a complement to your child's classroom education and as a follow-up to the other Montessori applications in the app store teaching introductory counting. Your child will enjoy this challenging and fun activity!
Visit our website: http://www.mobilemontessori.org
App page: http://www.mobilemontessori.org/hundredboard