This application is designed for use by public health staff/workers as conversation practice with foreign patients. The dialogues simulate real situations that occur frequently at hospitals and other health facilities. Each conversation provides for a range of responses to create the feel of a role play game. To promote continuous learning, these dialogues are accompanied by translation, vocabulary lists and supplementary self-practice exercises. Users can post questions, and answers will be provided and stored in a database made accessible to the public.
1. The application works on smartphones that run on iPhone or and iPads.
2. Conversations are based on real situations that commonly occur at hospitals. These conversations allow for a variety of responses to accommodate different situations.
3. The app is convenient. Users have freedom to choose the amount of practice time, and can press a button for repeated listening.
4. A list of vocabulary, with illustrations and translations, is provided for each situation.
5. clicking on specific vocabulary takes users to conversations or situations in which these words appear.
6. Multiple choice exercises based on situations are available.
7. The app promotes continuous learning by allowing users to pose questions with answers provided by the app admin and seen by all other users.