The exciting history of the Japan will come to life with this history from pre-historic and ancient times through the tumultuous 20th Century.
Featuring videos of important events in Japanese history and historical photos and pictures, key events in the history of Japan can be explained and relived.
Interactive timelines that you control on your phone or tablet with allow you to scroll through the centuries make it easy and fun to explore Japanese history.
Important people and events you will meet include:
1) Paleolithic Japanese culture around 30,000 BC constitutes the first known habitation of the Japanese archipelago.
2) Japanese history from pre-history to modern.
3) Temples in Japan
4) The Yayoi people as they began to enter the Japanese islands.
5) The Yayoi period, starting around 500 BC, saw the introduction of practices like wet-rice farming, a new style of pottery and metallurgy, introduced from China and Korea.
6) Japan first appears in written history in the Chinese Book of Han.
7) Buddhism was introduced to Japan from Baekje, Korea and was promoted by Prince Shotoku, but the subsequent development of Japanese Buddhism was primarily influenced by China.
8) Nara period that marked an emergence of the centralized Japanese state.
9) Japan's feudal era and how it was characterized by the emergence and dominance of a ruling class of warriors, the samurai.
10) The start of the Muromachi period and the Ashikaga shogunate
11) The Higashiyama culture is a segment of Japanese culture originated and promoted in the 15th century by the shogun .
12) Sengoku period ("Warring States").
13) AzuchiMomoyama period and the final phase of the Sengoku period in Japan.
14) Edo period or Tokugawa period.
15) Meiji period
16) JThe Taisho period, or Taisho era.
17) The Showa period, or Showa era.
18) The geography of Japan.
19) The Heisei period is the current era in Japan
20) Fascinating facts about Japan.
21) Maps of Japan.
22) Japan and World War 2
Our images are royalty free and public domain.
Credits and attrition for photos and history: