Hidden History turns the streets you walk along into the museum you never knew existed.
Hidden History is a location based app that is creating a new way for you to engage with the past by combining detailed historical research and engaging design to create an immersive historical journey. Its the history tour that you control from your pocket!
Our dedicated team of historians research each location to uncover the real history behind the landmarks, locations and events that have shaped the world around you. All of this is shared with you through short articles at each location alongside wider pieces explaining the full historical context behind them.
We give you the story of what truly happened, not just a repeat of popular myths - we can promise you will find the real stories more emotive, powerful and inspiring than the myths.
Hidden History also provides introductions and reviews of museums. As well as the 'big' museums, we also highlight museums and experiences that might not always be on the average tourist's radar. These places are incredible to visit, as they tend to give you a closer view of a period of time or subject. Also they tend to be quitter with fewer victors. Its a win win!
Hidden History is ideal for anyone who enjoys exploring a citys forgotten past on their own terms and at their own pace. Take control of your tour and start exploring - Now!
1. Interactive GPS map and directions to help you find historical landmarks nearby.
2. Main articles on key historical events such as the Suffragette movement, Jack the Ripper, the IRAs bombing campaign, Londons Plague pits & the Windrush Generation.
3. Over 60 individual historical locations to visit from Downing Street to Hidden Little Compton Street to The John Snow pub and the Putney Bridge Pillbox!
4. Museums to visit with reviews and visitor information from across London including Freemasons Hall, the National Army Museum, and the Museum of London.
5. Our team of dedicated historians research each location and event to provide you with the real story.
6. Where is Hidden History Available Currently we are focused on London with Edinburgh, Liverpool, York, Norwich & Aberdeen alongside another 40 sites outside of the major cities being added in 2020.
Connect With Us:
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hidden1history
Follow us on Twitter: @hidden1history
Follow us on Instagram: @hidden1history
Have a question or feedback? Wed love to hear from you at email@example.com
- Note -
Battery Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
All free to access images are provided under the creative commons license and attributed under each image.
- Permission Notice -
Location: We need to access your location information to calculate the route and distance between you and each historical site of interest.
Access to Maps: We use Google maps to provide directions to you and you will be asked for permission to ask the map when you request directions.