WHAT IS THE HERE I AM APP?
The Here I Am App is a potentially lifesaving App which allows users to input information about themselves, including medical information such as; existing health concerns, previous traumas, allergies, blood group & their doctors contact information. It also allows the user to choose up to three contacts from their phones contact list that they would like to alert by text message in case of an emergency.
When sent, the text message will relay the users/senders medical information to each of their contacts along with the precise GPS coordinates of the user so those receiving the emergency text message will be informed as to who sent the emergency message, what medical condition(s) the sender may have & where the sender is presently located.
WHO SHOULD HAVE THE HERE I AM APP?
1. Typically, everyone should have the Here I Am App on their mobile phone. Whether youre a teenager, an adult, a senior, a sports enthusiast or outdoor adventurist, every member of your family having the Here I Am App will give everyone peace-of-mind knowing that Help from a friend or loved one is just a click away
2. The App is especially ideal for people with medical conditions
3. Those with a hearing or speech impairment
4. People with Autism can use this App when they feel insecure or in danger
5. Non-English speakers can also use this App to inform family or friends in case of an emergency
WHO CAN USE THE APP?
The Here I Am App can be used by everyone; from teenagers to seniors. It is the most practical App as an alternative to 9-1-1 or EMS. In many situations, people are often incapable of dialing 9-1-1 & talking, so our App is the best alternative.
General situations where the Here I Am App can be useful:
1. Seniors alone in home with unexpected situations
2. Work Accidents
3. Sporting Accidents
4. Bullying situations
5. Work Harassment
7. Suicidal Thoughts
8. Remote location work like logging & mining
11. Domestic Violence
12. Unexpected medical conditions
13. Alzheimer or Dementia patients
14. Autism Spectrum Disorder
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q1. What type of phones does the Here I Am App work with?
A. The Here I Am App works with all types of mobile phones with & Android or IOS new or older versions alike.
Q2. Does the Here I Am App work like other emergency service numbers such as calling 9-1-1?
A. No, the Here I Am App does not currently work as a direct link to emergency numbers. It is meant to send messages to friends & relatives with the senders details including location, notifying them that the sender is facing some type of emergency.
Q3. Will 9-1-1 be notified when a Here I Am App emergency message is sent?
A. No, currently 9-1-1 will not be notified when an emergency message is sent. The Here I Am App is currently in talks with emergency services to integrate the Here I Am App with 9-1-1 & EMS systems, but that function is currently not available.
We are currently in talks with Canadian security services that oversee emergency networks in Canada & will release an updated version of the App once access to the 9-1-1 &/or EMS services is available.
Once the 9-1-1 & EMS services in the USA allow text messaging through their systems the Here I Am App will integrate with American 9-1-1 & EMS services as well. Please note that there may be some counties within states in the United States of America which may have integrated SMS services now. If that is the case, make one of your three contacts 9-1-1.
Q4. Can the App be used anywhere?
A. Yes, Here I Am App can be used anywhere in the world where cell phone service is available. The GPS will pick- up the senders precise location & send out the message with all details mentioned in the App.
More FAQs available at website hereiamapp.com