Download the FREE app and view selected topics (Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen).
ABOUT: Health Assessment Through the Life Span
Health Assessment Through the Life Span, 4th Edition provides mobile healthcare practitioners with the latest in trusted clinical information for more accurate, confident and informed decision-making at point-of-care.
Based on: null
Author: Mildred O. Hogstel, PhD, RN, C, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas & Linda Cox Curry, PhD, RN, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas
Publisher: F. A. Davis Company
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
- Use "Spotlight Search" from Home screen
- Tap and Hold launch icon to open Last Topic, History, Favorites ..
- Navigate using multiple indices
- History to open frequently visited pages
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING:
Mark topics with relevant information:
- Rich-text notes
- Voice memos
- Annotations with scribble, doodle or text
You choose the method to note this regardless of the context you are in to ensure that the important facts are available whenever you access the topic, whether it is tomorrow or six months from now.
This information-packed, easy-to-use pocket guide serves both as a reference for nurses working in clinical settings and as a student text for programs that offer condensed coverage of health assessment. Organized by body systems, the focus of this updated edition remains on assessing, documenting, and reporting the current status and changes in the condition of patients for all age groups.
- Added focus on pain assessment and documentation, which is now required by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO).
- Expanded coverage of dental history and problems, obesity and diabetes, assessment of mental symptoms and behavior, and abuse and/or neglect.
- Additional color figures further illustrate procedures. Tables and appendices are revised and updated.
- More pediatric coverage on breast development for children, abuse, and asthma.
- More geriatric coverage on assessing edema, circulation and skin problems, nutritional needs, medications, and vitamins.
- Focuses on health promotion and wellness, community resources, payment mechanisms, specialized communication techniques based on age, ethnicity, and culture, and the use of alternative and complementary therapies.
- Clinical alert sections detail, in color, special instructions for assessments or concerns related to findings.