- From Dave Gage and HarmonicaLessons.com! This is an excellent introduction for absolute beginners to start playing the 10-hole diatonic harmonica. You DO NOT need prior harmonica or music experience to start learning today. Easy to understand explanations for beginners of all ages. Perfect for guitar players who want to play harmonica on a neck rack. Learn to play at home or on the go with "Harmonica Beginner Lessons: Easy How to Play Guide". This self-contained app includes text & photo instruction with 18 audio examples.
- You'll need a standard 10-hole diatonic harmonica (preferably in the key of "C" - other keys will work, but won't be in tune with the audio examples).
- Detailed instruction for the 4 basic playing techniques: Single Notes; Holding/Hand Effects; Bending; Breathing. You can't play a sport or an instrument without basic techniques. Learn correctly the first time around.
- Basic blues jamming instruction including easy riffs and a simple blues scale. Jam along with the included "Play-A-long 12-Bar Blues" audio.
- Getting Started Tips; Lessons Plans; 10 Fun, Easy Songs (you don't need to read music to play them). See complete list below.
Songs | Tabs | Scales:
Major Scale (with audio example)
Mary Had A Little Lamb (with audio example)
Row, Row, Row Your Boat
Joy to the World
Oh Susanna (with audio example)
Home on the Range (with audio example)
6 Easy-to-Play Blues Riffs
The "Almost Blues Scale"
Audio example files (18 in all)
Six Weeks of Lesson Plans
Learn Single Notes (with audio example)
Holding/Hand Effects (with audio example)
Bending notes (with audio example)
Breathing Technique (with audio example)
1st and 2nd Positions Explained
Jamming and Improv Tips
Difference between diatonic and chromatic harmonicas
Terms & Definitions section covering 130 harmonica and music terms.
Content is equivalent to a 90-page paperback book.
Over 50 Color Photos