Greenlight helps parents raise financially-smart kids. Greenlight is a debit card for kids, teens, and college students that parents manage from their mobile phones, using powerful and flexible parental controls. As the next-generation way for parents to give money and pay allowances to their children, Greenlight is safer, easier, and more flexible than using cash. Parents can choose the exact stores where their kids can spend and how much money they can spend. Greenlight also includes an innovative Educational Savings Account that enables parents to set a Parent-Paid Savings Interest Rate to help teach their kids the importance of saving. Greenlight makes a perfect teaching tool about money because it creates natural opportunities for discussions about real money between parents and kids.
Greenlight combines an app for parents and their children with a Greenlight Mastercard debit card for each child. Greenlight is NOT a credit card--the only funds a child can spend are those the parent loads on the card.
- Limit a child's spending to just a few trusted stores. Or let them spend anywhere.
- Set and pay allowances automatically. No more hunting for loose change!
- Send money to your kids instantly, from anywhere.
- Get instant alerts on where & when a child spends, or tries to spend.
- Teach your child to save by setting a Parent-Paid Savings Interest Rate.
- Review a child's spending by month or store.
- Set a specific amount that your child can withdraw from any ATM.
- Turn a child's card off if lost.
- NEW! Assign weekly and one-time chores and offer rewards
FOR KIDS, TEENS, & COLLEGE STUDENTS
- Earn and receive money instantly from your parents or a job.
- Request money from parents and include a picture of what you want to buy.
- Withdraw money from ATMs (with permission from your parents).
- Create savings goals for specific purposes like a new phone, game, or trip!
- Turn the card off if lost.
- Analyze your spending with powerful reporting.
- NEW! Receive chores and mark them complete