Google's Tasks is a simple and clean to-do manager designed to help you stay on top of your tasks and projects, wherever you work.
Create tasks and subtasks: In the app, you can tap the "Add a new task button" to create a task. You can set a due date -- or leave it blank, if you want a daily reminder -- and write yourself a note in the "Add details" field. You can sort by date or arrange your list in your own order.
Integrates with Gmail and Calendar: In addition to using the app, you can create tasks in Gmail. Tap the Tasks button over on the right side of Gmail, to manage tasks. You can drag an email over to the Tasks side panel to create an item to track. To manage your tasks in Calendar, in the My calendars section on the left, click Tasks.
If you had previously kept track of items with the older version of Tasks that was part of Gmail, those tasks appear in a separate list you can access from either the hamburger menu in the app or from the Tasks side panel in Gmail.
Works across devices and platforms: In addition to Android, Tasks is available on iPhones and in Gmail and Google Calendar.
SEE: Best to-do list apps of 2018 for managing tasks on any platform
Overlap but no integration with Google Keep and Reminders: While Tasks overlaps with some of the features of Google Keep and Reminders, it lacks the breadth of either of those tools and doesn't integrate with either one.
Lacks features found in other to-do apps: Tasks lacks basic features found in other to-do apps, such as the ability to add attachments and you can't set a repeating task or set a due date for an hour from now. It also lacks a home screen widget.
A simple task manager, Google's Tasks app lets you manage to-do items from your phone, Gmail, or Google Calendar. If you are looking for anything beyond simple task management, however, you'll need to look to Todoist, for example.
Bug fixes and optimizations
Get more done with the Google Tasks mobile app. Manage, capture, and edit your tasks from anywhere, at anytime, with to-dos that sync across all your devices. Integrations with Gmail and Google Calendar help you get tasks done--faster.
Quickly capture tasks anywhere
- Create task lists with your most important to-dos
- View, edit, and manage tasks on the go, from any device
- Manage tasks created in Gmail or Calendar on the web from your mobile device
Add details and create subtasks
- Break down your tasks to subtasks
- Add details about the work you need to focus on
- Edit details about any task as your work progresses
View tasks created from emails
- Create a task directly from an email in Gmail
- View your tasks in the side panel of Gmail
- Trace a task back to its source email
Stay on track with due dates and notifications
- Set a due date for every task to help you achieve your goals
- Organize your tasks by date or prioritize using drag-and-drop
- Receive due date notification reminders to keep your tasks on track
Part of G Suite
- Bring Google's suite of powerful, intelligent apps to your business
- Leverage Google's AI to bring data insights and analysis to every employee
- Connect with your team seamlessly using one suite: Gmail, Tasks, Calendar & more
Take control of your task management and install the Google Tasks mobile app. Start easily managing your to-do list on the go with the Tasks planner app from Google.
Shop your favorite products and we’ll find the best deal with a single click. Designed to make shopping easier.