Glenrose Grocery Grab is a game about reclaiming everyday independence by focusing on improving or maintaining cognitive skills . Developed by occupational therapist for their patients, the game asks players to shop for ingredients to make home-cooked meals for famous celebrity guests.
Glenrose Grocery Grab is designed for peopleolder adults especiallywho have cognitive impairments because of stroke, dementia or head trauma. Grocery shopping is a crucial skill that gives people with cognitive impairments a chance to regain some autonomy in their lives. The game aims to help people do just that by exercising a players ability to memorize lists, focus their attention, adapt to sudden recipe changes and stay within their budget.
* Designed by people who work with patients everyday
* Trains memory, attention, problem solving and budgeting
* 50 unique recipes to challenge
* 10 celebrity guests to unlock
* 60 additional challenge recipes to hone specific skills
* Over 600 ingredients to select from
* Easier difficulty for non-gamers and older adults
* Assistive options for those who need a little help
* Characters that reflect the older adults the game was designed for