Looksee AR for Glasgow and the Clyde Valley, Scotland, is an Augmented Reality (AR) viewer used to find places of interest directly on your phone camera's screen and add fun, knowledge and interest to your adventures and tours.
Ideal for both tourists and locals wishing to explore and find out more about their surroundings and beyond: whether by foot, bicycle,car, taxi or Uber!
It's simple to use - you just point and go! It includes a choice of Map or Satellite Image in view and a Search function to help locate things.
Once downloaded no wi-fi or cellular network is necessary, so you can use when out and about in Glasgow, even when there is no or poor signal coverage.
This version, for Greater Glasgow and the Clyde Valley, Scotland, locates places in and around this central west Scotland region. It reaches an area stretching at its northern most edges past Loch Lomond, it extends west to include Dunoon and Greenock, east to Biggar and south to Moffat. In total this represents an area of around 8,000 km2.
All areas within the region are covered including Glasgow City, Greater Glasgow, Renfrewshire, East & West Dunbartonshire and South & North Lanarkshire. Towns and cities include Alexandria, Balloch, Bearsden, Biggar, Bridge of Weir, Clydebank, Cumbernauld, Dumbarton, East Kilbride, Erskine, Greenock, Govan, Hamilton, Helensburgh, Johnstone, Kirkintilloch, Lanark, Lenzie, Lochwinnoch, Milngavie, Moffat and Paisley.
In fact there are over 10,000 places of interest viewable within the App including Loch Lomond, Ben Lomond, the SEC Armadillo and other attractions around Finnieston.
Categories that can be viewed and selected include Tourist Attractions, Hills, Lakes, Parks & Woodlands, Cities, Towns, Suburban Areas, Villages & Hamlets, cafes, Restaurants, Cafes, Airports, Train & Major Bus Stations, Municipal Buildings, Places of Worship, Historic Sites and Museums & Arts.
Some of the helpful Looksee features include:
- Interactive objects (that you can touch for more information on them)
- Magic EYE (to declutter the visuals and select only objects within)
- Satellite or Map image in view (can select which or disable completely)
- Search menu (with on-screen directional arrow and indicator graphics)
- Filters menu (using which the categories of points of interest you wish to display can be easily filtered out or selected)
- Distance slider (for an interactive depth of view filter up to 10km)
- Zoom (using an on screen pinch to zoom gesture)
- Snap-shot camera (for annotating your photos)
- Video recorder for saving and sharing interesting places on social media (accessed by holding the camera icon for 1 second)
- Radar view of everything around you on map (hold face down)
So please enjoy adding interest to your Glasgow outdoor adventures!