Rocket Locator is a software to track your lost model rocket.
Web site: http://rocketlocator.com
There is a GPS module in the rocket and It transmits the signal to the android phone via radio telemetry. I coded a functional and cool android software that use google maps api to track the rocket.
It's basically google maps api with two gps positions: your position and the rocket position. Here is the main features:
- Current rocket distance from you.
- Rocket altitude (GPS altitude)
- Enable/disable follow me, for manually moving the map
- Can save the path of the rocket in a Google earth compatible
- Always record the last rocket position, in case you close accidentally the application, you can load the last position and continue your quest.
- In case you lost signal, it reconnects automatically when the rocket is back in the range.
- Rocket compass that rotate the map in the rocket direction (instead of north).
I have successfully found my lost rocket many times with this system.
If you have any questions (You will probably have a lot),visit http://rocketlocator.com or send me an email at: email@example.com
p.s. If you are not able to make it work, don't put a feekback of 1 star... just uninstall it.