We belong outside. Whether you work or play outdoors, picking the activity that matches the conditions is always the challenge. GN is designed to optimize your outdoor activities, watching conditions and letting you know when they line up.
Its uses are endless; from helping outdoor photographers get the perfect conditions for a shot, to letting the fisherman know when its time to hit the river. Hiking? Biking? Riding? Want to hit the beach? Waiting for some fresh powder? Get GN!
The weather has the largest influence on the quality of your time spent outside. But lets be honest, weather is boring (at least to watch). Let GN put eyes on the forecast for all the places and activities you enjoy. The app allows you to define the things you want to do; in the places you want to do them; telling it what ideal conditions look like. We put your lifestyle into weather, rather than the other way around.
- Create activities by selecting the type, the time, the place (on the map) and the one or more conditions you want.
- Conditions can cover a point in time (e.g.: Sunrise, Sunset, an exact time, etc) or span a length of time (such as: All Day, The past 4 days, the next 3 days, etc).
- Conditions can be prioritized as Must Happen, Should Happen, Would be Nice and Bonus
- Setup a notification based on the days of notice you need, time of day you want to be notified, and the priority level that must hit before you are notified.
- Customize the location of each condition. For instance, as a photographer you may want calm winds over the lake you are planning to shoot, with clouds over the distant peak, and a chance of having those clouds light up at sunrise (clear at the horizon).
- Tag your activities, with a simple to use tagging system; making search and filtering by just selecting tags.
- Filter your activities by Tags, by proximity, or by likelihood.
- The more activities you define, the more options you will have.
- Weve discovered that the weather can be significantly different across just a short span of distance. GN is the difference between playing golf in the wind and rain, or calm and partly cloudy conditions across town.
- Browse your activities in the list view or pull up the map and browse them by location.
- The conditions for each activity for the current and next three days are displayed on the main list, allowing you to keep tabs on your target activity as the time to go gets closer.
- Copy the conditions from an activity, to create a new activity, making it simple to build out similar activities that may only vary by location.
- Use the weather activity to put down weather condition alerts. Perhaps you just want to know if its going to be sweater weather tomorrow, or if its going to be slick roads needing extra time to get to work, school or the mountain.
- Activity types include:
Beach Going, Biking, Boating, Camping/Backpacking, Climbing, Going for a Drive, or Off-Roading, Drone Flight, Fishing, Golf, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Hunting, Motorcycle, Hanging at the Park, Photography, Running, Winter Sports, Summer Sports, Swimming, Working Outside, or a general weather watching activity.
- Conditions include:
Chance of Rain, Chance of Snow, Cloud Ceiling , Cloud Cover, Chance of Cloud Light, Chance of Fog, Chance of Glow (on the landscape), Chance of a Storm, Moon Phase, Rainfall, Snowfall, Temperature, Visibility, Wind Direction, Wind Speed
- Activities can take place at a specific time, or span for days. Going backpacking? Get up to four days of forecast data for the location you plan to be at each day.
- Set a time range for your activities, helping you organize your activities by season.
Its time to Get outside Now! GN just took away all your excuses