I've been continuing to receive reports of issues, especially since there were a couple of crazy nasty bugs in the latest update, so here we are again, with a new update, a new attitude, and a new dress. Isn't it spiffykwscnmrk I LIKE TO THINK SO
Thanks to everyone who has been emailing me, and helping me solve problems. You're the best, and no one can ever take that away from you. Probably. Maybe if they tried really hardkwscnmrk
- An issue with the last update was causing entries with uppercase file extensions to get detached from their metadata, which could result in them being deleted when the "cache" got cleared. I applied a number of fixes to resolve this, relinking the metadata and just toning down the insanity that was the code for clearing the cache. The thing was all sparkles and rainbows and death metalkwscnmrk Honestly, it was a giant pile of overkill.
- When sharing images, the duplicated file that was cached for sharing would get in the way during subsequent attempts, and just make a general nuisance of itself. In the future, it'll just get deleted if it hasn't already been cleared, meaning that sharing is back... with a vengeance!
- A bug in the way the Dropbox sync engine was linked up meant that URL sharing options were being displayed regardless of the actual existence of a Dropbox account. Sorted it out, and the options should only appear when they're actually available again.
- Some of the error messages around the place were still being displayed very oddly. As it turns out, past-Jelly was an idiot and thought that he'd set up a thing to display them properly, but actually hadn't. What a loser.
- Renaming items could cause the underlying file to be deleted under certain circumstances, which... uh... yeah, that's not how it's supposed to work. All good now, though.
- The cloud icon for indicating the cache status in the library was occasionally not being updated correctly, which usually meant it was showing when it wasn't supposed to be. I added a couple more spots where the cache is actually checked for the appropriate file, and it's all blue skies ahead.
- Changes in iOS 11 meant that the Twitter sharing icon no longer worked as intended, so I had it removed to avoid future confusion when Twitter inevitably adds their own.
If you're having problems, or want to make a suggestion, you can hit me up directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or tweeting @gifwrapped. I'm here to help! Of course, if you've got the urge to shout your love for GIFwrapped from the rooftops, a review on iTunes goes a long way (towards getting new people on board, and ALSO my self-esteem, as it turns out).
Stay awesome, pals!