GIAs 4Cs app features video and interactive tools that teach consumers about how GIA grades color, cut, clarity and carat weight. It explains GIAs D-to-Z color scale and how diamond color can affect value, GIAs clarity scale and how diamond clarity can affect value, the factors that affect a diamonds cut grade and the origins of the carat system.
Interactive tools show:
- How diamond color changes across the GIA D-to-Z Color Scale
- Typical inclusions and blemishes at various points in the GIA Clarity Scale
- A diamonds anatomy and how various parameters influence a diamonds cut grade
- How a diamonds size changes by carat weight and enables consumers to compare the sizes of different diamonds
- An interactive GIA Grading Report Anatomy to help consumers understand the different elements of a GIA report
Additional features include:
- Retailer Lookup (network connection required) allows consumers to find retailers that sell GIA-graded diamonds and/or have GIA-trained sales associates.
- Information on fluorescence, common diamond treatments, synthetics and simulants.
- Direct Access to GIA Report Check (network connection required) - GIAs online database of reports. Consumers can verify the contents of a GIA report and view a PDF version of that report simply by entering a GIA report number.