Verax SNMP agent simulator is a tool that can simulate multiple SNMPv1/v2c agents on a single host on standard 161 port through multi-netting. It allows IT personnel to build virtual, simulated networks of devices without purchasing any additional hardware, for instance for testing purposes. Individual simulated agent responses can be initially retrieved from existing devices and modified at runtime by user defined rules.
* Text console and a web-based GUI for simulator management
* Over 20 preconfigured response files for simulating Windows, Linux, Cisco, Juniper and other devices
* Support for multiple agents and multiple networks on a single host
* SNMP response configuration files compatible with SNMP walk output for easy creation of initial simulated agent responses from existing devices
* Rich set of rules for modifying agent responses including:
* Generation of random MAC and IP addresses, including advanced scenarios like randomizing only a part of the address (e.g. network part of an IP address is fixed, the host part varies)
* Random integer, counter and string value generation, including "one time" or "each time" scenarios
* Support for integer arithmetic operations (e.g. return value based on a sum of two other values)
* Trend based value generation (direction, step range, reset threshold value), e.g. for increasing counters.
What's new in version 2.0.1
Added a web-based GUI for simulator management.
Added support for SNMP SET.
ReleaseJanuary 28, 2014
Date AddedJanuary 28, 2014
Operating SystemsWindows 8, Windows Vista, Windows, Windows 7, Windows XP