The Food Buying Guide for Child Nutrition Programs (FBG) Mobile App assists Child Nutrition Program (CNP) operators, food manufacturers, and other stakeholders with:
Purchasing the correct amounts of foods for Child Nutrition meal programs
Determining the contribution that each food makes toward meal pattern requirements.
The FBG is the essential resource for food yield information for all CNPs. Food yield information translates the amount of food purchased (weight or volume) into the form after preparation that is served as part of the reimbursable meal.
The FBG Mobile App includes many time-saving features for users such as:
- Easy search and navigation of food yields for over 2,100 foods typically served in CNP settings.
- Food yield comparisons to determine the best food to purchase
- Create favorite foods lists to save and access later.
- Email and print search results, comparisons, and favorites.
- Create shopping list to assist in ordering and purchasing food.
- Determine the grains contribution and the amount to serve to provide a desired grains contribution for a grain product as listed on Exhibit.
- View completed Product Formulation Statements (PFS) created and saved on the FBG Interactive Web Tool.
- View completed Recipe Analysis Workbooks (RAW) created and saved on the FBG Interactive Web Tool.