The Food Buying Guide for Child Nutrition Programs (FBG) Mobile App assists Child Nutrition Program (CNP) operators, food manufacturers, and other stakeholders with:
Purchasing the correct amounts of foods for Child Nutrition meal programs
Determining the contribution that each food makes toward meal pattern requirements.
The FBG is the essential resource for food yield information for all Child Nutrition Programs. Food yield information translates the amount of food purchased (weight or volume) into the form after preparation that is served as part of the reimbursable meal.
The FBG Mobile App includes many time-saving features for users such as:
- Easy search and navigation of food yields for over 2,100 foods typically served in CNP settings.
- Food yield comparisons to determine the best food to purchase
- Create favorite foods lists. (Stay tuned for the ability to save favorite foods lists and access previously saved lists of favorite foods.)
- Email and print search results, comparisons, and favorites.
- Create shopping list to assist CNP operators in ordering and purchasing food for their programs