The Foundations Learning System is the premier reading app that allows for anytime, anywhere access to the innovative research- and evidence-based blended assessment and intervention program. Teachers can use the app to diagnose struggling readers and help them develop automatic word recognition the critical bridge between phonics and fluency.
The Foundations Learning System has 5 components:
-A quick online screener to identify whether students have deficits in automatic word recognition skills.
-An online diagnostic that identifies specific gaps in decoding knowledge & measures automaticity of word recognition.
-Online intervention that personalizes instruction based on the principles of the Varied Practice Model.
-Curriculum guides for teachers so they can extend, reinforce and deepen the learning provided through the online instruction.
-Reports that enable teachers and administrators to monitor student performance Top
Foundations Learning System features Include:
- Quickly identifies students struggling with basic reading skills who may benefit from deeper diagnosis or intervention
- Provides specific information about students deficits in basic reading skills, including decoding and word recognition through detailed, web-based reporting tools and email alerts.
- Unique tools and content designed for elementary and secondary settings.
- Effective with students at risk for language and literacy development, English Language Learners, special needs students, and students who learn differently.
- Extends vocabulary development, fluency, comprehension, and writing with an extensive suite of resources, curriculum guides, and daily lesson plans.
The Foundations Learning System meets the needs of those students who have struggled to make adequate progress using traditional tools. Based on years of research and developed in close collaboration with school districts, the Foundations Learning System is an online, blended reading intervention program that is proven to work. This easy-to-use program delivers differentiated instruction, tailored to students individual needs, in the context of a digital learning environment.
Students who benefit from the Learning System exhibit one or more of the following reading challenges:
- Are one or more years behind in reading
- Struggle with comprehension and fluency
- Do not decode welllack automaticity
- Struggles to identify/distinguish vowels
- Does not understand how syllables work or have difficulty breaking words into syllables
- Cannot apply the rules of phonics to new words or to connected text
*** This app requires a Foundations Learning System account ***
What are educators saying about Foundations Learning System?
I saw remarkable growth in my students ability to tackle longer, multisyllabic words. This translated to better fluency and confidence for my resource language arts students. When students took the Foundations Learning System seriously and committed their time and attention, they made on average 1.8 years of growth as measured on the Qualitative Reading Inventory. Christina Sorenson, Leander, TX
Students with severe reading difficulties were reading. The most wonderful blessings were watching them succeed for the first time and feel like true readers. Marsha Allen, Santa Fe, NM
(The Foundations Learning System) has helped with confidence, oral reading, fluency and decoding skills. My goal is that they feel more empowered to become lifelong readers, even if aspects of it are hard. Jill Powell, Sioux Falls, SD
Contact email@example.com for help or suggestions, or visit https://www.foundations-learning.com/contact/