The F5 Access for Android app (formerly known as the BIG-IP Edge Client for Android) from F5 Networks secures and accelerates mobile device access to enterprise networks and applications using VPN and optimization technologies. Secure VPN access is provided as part of an enterprise deployment of F5 BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM).
Use of this application is subject to the End User License Agreement available at:
By downloading and using the application, you agree to its terms.
F5 Access for Android, version 3.0.3, features:
- Full Layer 3 network access to all enterprise applications and files
- Google Android 5.0+ per-app VPN support
- Support for Android for Work, by securing app traffic with F5 BIG-IP APM
- Automatic network roaming, to stay connected on the go
- Use of client certificates from Android Credential Storage for authentication (for Android version 4.0, 4.2.x, 4.3.x, 4.4.x, 5.x, 6.0 and higher; Android 4.1 cannot be supported)
- SAML authentication for initiating seamless VPN connections
- Multi-factor authentication support including SAML
- Biometric and Device Authentication for re-use of cached credentials
- Detection of rooted devices
- Seamless user provisioning through MDM products from Airwatch, MaaS360 and MobileIron Core
- Managed configuration mode for disabling of user edits to connection configurations after user's IT admin has setup the initial configurations
- Supports Android 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x and 8.0
- Always On VPN Mode for Android for Work
Requirements: (Contact your IT Administrator)
- F5 BIG-IP Access Policy Manager
NOTE: This app uses the Device Administrator permission. Please refer to the F5 Access User Guide for instructions on uninstalling the application.
BEFORE YOU CONTACT F5 SUPPORT, PLEASE SEE: http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/2000/600/sol2633.html
Bug fixes in F5 Access for Android v.3.0.3 include:
- Previously, F5 Access did not respond when using an MDM-managed configuration in an Android for Work profile. This has been fixed.
- Previously, F5 Access on Android 7.0 or 7.1 might crash during connection on some Samsung devices. This issue has been fixed.