Download the essential and most comprehensive dictionary app for dependable definitions at your fingertips.
English Dictionary - LDOCE is the leading free English dictionary app for iPhone with over 2,000,000 trusted definitions and synonyms, the app is designed and optimized for your mobile device.
- 165,000 corpus-based examples of natural English show words in context and how English is really used.
- 230,000 words, phrases, and meanings more than any other learner's dictionary.
More dictionary you can use:
- English Dictionary:
+ Definitions written using a vocabulary of just 80,000 words the Longman Defining Vocabulary, ensuring all definitions are clear and easy to understand.
- Thesaurus Dictionary:
+ Frequency information on the most common words the new Longman Communication 9000 helps you learn them first.
+ The integrated Thesaurus with more than 18,000 synonyms, antonyms, and related words helps you improve your writing by using more precise and high level words: stop saying nice, instead, say lovely, delightful, enjoyable, wonderful, brilliant.
- Collocations Dictionary:
+ With more than 65,000 collocations: learn word combinations to use the correct words together, such as take a test (not make a test), heavy rain (not strong rain), and highly successful.
+ Words from the Academic Word List highlighted to help you improve your essays and presentations.
Improve your English skill.
- Avoid making common mistakes and get extra help with grammar patterns and using the correct tenses.
Improve your pronunciation
- All headwords pronounced in both British and American English
- All example sentences pronounced in either British or American English (via external links)
- Word of the Day learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary.
- Audio pronunciations never mispronounce another word
- Quiz widget - test your vocabulary skills (are you prepping for the SAT?) with our Word of the Day quizzes
- Favorite words and history - customize your recently searched word list and never forget the newest words youve learned
- English Spelling help - not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you
- Full content of the print dictionary
- PLUS additional collocations, synonyms, and word origins
- Local look-ups - take a look at the words searched by location
- Search for idioms and phrasal verbs
- Show images of the word.
- Recording the voice.
New features includes.
Support offline mode.